April 17, 2014
Is your spinning “like a brick wall with a few bricks missing”? That’s what an enthusiastic participant in Linda Raven’s first class said about her spinning before taking Spinning Beyond the Basics earlier this year.
Due to popular demand, Linda has agreed to teach Spinning Beyond the Basics again this spring. In this 10 hour course, you’ll find an opportunity to extend your spinning knowledge and skills.
A limited number of 6 participants can attend, so plan early to attend.
Dates: Wed. May 28, Wed. June 4, Sat. June 7 and Wed. June 11.
Location: Guild loft, Qualicum train station
What you’ll learn:
- A Brief History of Spinning
- Towards Understanding Your Wheel
- Classic Spinning Methods: worsted, semi-worsted, woollen, semi-woolen
- Fibre Preparations for the above techniques
- Finishing techniques for the methods above
- Plying tips and techniques: 2 ply, 3 ply, Navajo ply, cabled yarn
Cost: QWSG members: $45 for four sessions plus $20 for materials. Total: $65
Non-members: $65 for four sessions plus $20 for materials. Total: $85
How to register:
1. Contact either Linda Raven at email@example.com or call 778-424-1001 or Jackie Worboys at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-752-5568 to confirm your attendance and provide contact information.
2. Mail or drop a cheque payable to QWSG for either $65 (QWSG members) or $85 (non-members) to Jackie Worboys as soon as possible to guarantee your spot.
3. Pass the word. Invite your friends, and come for a unique learning experience. We look forward to seeing you.
5. Cancellation policy: If you cannot attend, find someone to take your place. Your money cannot be refunded after May 15th unless the workshop is cancelled.
Step into the World of Silk,
a one day workshop
with Linda Raven in the autumn of 2014!
Jackie Worboys, 754 Kensington Place, Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 2K3 email@example.com 250-752-5568
Spinning Beyond the Basics 2 April 17, 2014